September 18, 2009

Birthdays

I am now officially a quarter of a century. And for some reason, this sounds really old. I know its not, but it sounds like it. The word CENTURY… its just daunting. And quarter, that’s the BIG coin.  Its just a bad combination.  The importance of this random feeling old, money, long times tangent is that it resulted in this very blog.

I was hours into turning the ripe old age of 25 when I started contemplating the things that I had, or had not done. I thought about what made me happy, and what I could do to make this year better than the last. So I made a list. On the list was baking. I LOVE to bake. Its therapeutic for me. Bad days become baking days. Baking days are the best days. So, once a week, I will bake, ensuring at least 52 fabulous days a year (plus more for the days following in which the goodies are devoured). But I also decided that I should share my baking excursion. Thus, the Goody Goddess blog was created.

Now, the title was chosen that I might one day be a true Goody Goddess. I am a decent baker, and I love all sweet treats. But I don’t feel that I have quite reached the status of goddess. Hopefully, for the first birthday of the Goody Goddess there will be plenty of divine treats to share!

0 comments: