January 2, 2010

It’s about time…

I admit it’s a little sad that I lasted for 2 months with my little blog, and then suddenly stopped. Let’s just say that things have been a little out of the norm for the Goody Goddess. My desire for cooking and baking and eating hit an all time low when I discovered I was baking something extra special…a baby!

After what felt like an eternal hiatus, as I have been horribly distraught that I have no desire for sweets, I decided it was time to return to the baking.

I made a few things in December that really deserve some posting. My grandparents celebrated their 50th Anniversary with their children and grandchildren in mid December. It was a perfect opportunity to make a cake. Here are a couple shots of the German Chocolate decadence:Prego, 50th, Scomas 013 Prego, 50th, Scomas 026That’s my sweet grandma and the love of her life. They are a wonderful blessing in my life. The magnolia flower is handmade…a first attempt. It gave me some struggles, but I am determined to conquer the art of sugar flowers!

Right before Christmas, I had another project. My mother-in-law has started a catering business, and I was able to help out with one of the events. She catered a luncheon for about a hundred missionaries from our church serving in the area. There were a lot of hungry young men, and she did a great job. I was assigned to make a cake to look like the badges that the missionaries wear. Apparently the newest missionary, and probably one of the oldest since he has been around for a thousand years or so, is Santa Claus.

IMAG0023It’s a little more embellished than the traditional badge, but it desperately needed some Christmas cheer. Sadly, I left the good camera at home. My dear sister-in-law was kind enough to take a picture with her phone. Technology is amazing!

That is pretty much the Goody Goddess up to date. I made some fleur de sel caramels for Christmas that were pretty delightful, but forgot to snap a shot. Next time I will add my own flair and make sure to post the recipe!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Way serious fun, my favorite Little DIL. And I'm on the lookout for the next joint project!

So darn cute.

Lisa said...

The magnolia flower is beautiful! And that missionary tag is amazing. So impressed!

Amanda P said...

You = Amazing. Hopefully you get your sweet tooth back. Such a terrible thing to lose.