August 2, 2010

Cupcake Class

About a week ago, I got to go to a cupcake decorating class with my mother-in-law. We had a great time learning about fondant and gum paste, and tried our hand at creating edible cupcake toppers. The instructor wanted to go with a summer carnival/state fair type theme, so we made mini fondant replicas of fair food. We all made hot dogs, popsicles and cotton candy. Then, we were able to choose our own, so I made an ear of corn.

This is how they turned out:

Bath; Dance 093

I really enjoyed the class. I learned a few new tricks and tips, but l loved getting to play all day. Thanks to Dianne for taking me (hopefully we can go again soon), and thanks to my Matthew for watching baby boy.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

That was so much fun. I'm glad we could go.

Your cotton candy does not look nearly as much like Phyllis Diller as mine does.

And I think I'm having hot dog envy ...

Bethany said...

Oh my so so cute... I just recently learned about fondant and gum paste- it is more like art than cooking, which is why I like it. This blog always makes me hungry!