October 5, 2010

A Year Later…

I realized a couple weeks ago that it has been a year since I started this little blog. When I decided to start, I was looking for something to keep me busy. Good news, it worked! Granted, I didn’t follow my goals to the letter. I didn’t bake and blog about it every week. I probably did more baking than blogging. But, I never would have anticipated that I would have accomplished what I did. I have learned all sorts of techniques and have had a blast trying out new recipes. I have made goodies for all sorts of events, and have even been paid to do it. The best part, people actually like the stuff!

I hope I can keep this going. I have still have projects lined up (a cake in the oven as I type) and really love to do it. Besides, there is nothing like a house that smells like chocolate all the time!

1 comments:

Lauri said...

I started my cooking blog because my girls were always calling and asking for recipes, and after sending various copies via email or snail mail, I decided to play with a blog so they could look them up. I have a lot of fun with mine it has helped me with my camera and photo skills, though I still could do better. I have also made it a goal to try new recipes and blog them as well. You are doing some cool stuff.