March 9, 2010

Eat your vegetables, for dessert!

Vegetables and cake don’t mix, or at least that’s what my husband said on Sunday as I was baking his dad’s birthday cake. He learned yesterday that this is just not so, as he ate a good portion of that vegetable infused carrot cake.

I admit, I am not the biggest carrot cake lover (I think it has something to do with the raisins), but this was a mighty tasty cake. It also helped that the sides were coated with cream cheese frosting, toasted coconut and walnuts.

I used my Martha Stewart Cupcake book again for the cake recipe. This has been my go-to book lately, and it has yet to disappoint.

Here are some shots of the cake:

values, doug bday 025

values, doug bday 028

values, doug bday 097

Happy Birthday Doug!

4 comments:

Amanda P said...

And from what I hear - Daddy G said this is the best cake he's ever had. I'm sure sorry I missed out!

Dianne said...

Thank you, Lindsay, for a great day and awesome cake.

That is all.

Haha

Lauri said...

Yum!

Dianne said...

It was the best Birthday Cake I have had yet in my 50 years. Thanks!! This is Daddy G using Momma Gs account.