March 9, 2010

Taste the Rainbow

Basically, I have been on a sugar cookie baking frenzy! Last week I made over one hundred sugar cookies for a church event my mom was in charge of.

Our church has a program for teen girls called Personal Progress. It serves as a method for teaching young women to set and accomplish goals that will help them to be strong women in the church, as well as in their community.  Last week’s event was a way to introduce the program to the girls and their families.

The Personal Progress program uses eight values that the girls base their projects on. Each value is assigned a color. I decorated the cookies in each of these colors, piping the values on some of them. The eighth value, virtue, was recently added. We used bees instead of coloring them gold. Bee virtuous!

values, doug bday 011 values, doug bday 016

values, doug bday 020

I had so much fun making these, and it was really great practice for the piping skills.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

You must either

a) Bee crazy or
b) Bee amazing

to make so many adorable cookies.

I opt for answer b, but I think there may be a teensy bit of answer a involved as well.

Cute!

Unknown said...

Linds, the cookies were a sensational hit! I can not tell you enough how much I appreciate your willingness to make them for our event. Everyone was so impressed with your baking and decorating skills and the cookies were the perfect touch to a successful evening. Thank you so much. I love you dearly!