March 17, 2010

Hand over the cake…

So, I am really proud of this post. Not so much my words though. Blah, blah, blah! I am really excited about my cake. It was just another German chocolate cake, not really complicated. And the frosting wasn’t even perfectly smooth. But I made a gun! Out of fondant! A fancy fondant revolver! For my dad, because he loves guns, and it was his birthday. And I love my dad. So certainly he needed a gun cake!

I would have attempted sculpting it, but coconut pecan frosting isn’t particularly obedient, and it needed to look decent. So, I pretended I was five again playing with play-doh.

Just a side note, fondant is way better than play-doh, but just as messy!

So this was the result:

gun cake 027

gun cake 008

gun cake 015

 gun cake 024

 

Happy Birthday to an amazing Dad! Love you! 

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm excited about your words AND your cake. I love words like German and chocolate and fancy fondant revolver and disobedient coconut pecan frosting.

Splendid.

But compared to my love of the cake itself, words fail.

Splendid!

Kaija said...

seriously impressive sculpting!